POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ver. 3.6 speed : Re: Ver. 3.6 speed Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ver. 3.6 speed
From: Groucho
Date: 24 Jun 2004 08:05:05
Message: <40dac371@news.povray.org>
Watching carefully at your tests, I have understood that the reason why I
get worst results with 3.6 must be out of the pov file. So it must be some
parameter.

The only parameter that I'm using is the antialiasing. And here it is:

ver 3.5 +a0.3: 30 secs
ver 3.6 +a0.3: 30 secs
ver 3.5 +a0.01: 64 secs
ver 3.6 +a0.01: 93 secs

So, antialing management in version 3.6 takes more time than in 3.5.
Does anybody know if at least it works better. I cannot see any difference
in the result.

Cheers,
Goucho